Assistant Financial Accountant CABS, a subsidiary of the Old Mutual Group, is looking for a dynamic person to join their Finance Division.
- Ensures the preparation of statutory financial statements in compliance with regulatory reporting standards and IFRS and carries responsibility for the preparation and quality of financial accounts.
- Manages tax planning for the Business and ensures the Society’s compliance with all tax regulations.
- Maintains a chart of accounts and the general ledger up to trial balance.
- Ensures preparation and posting of all journals and manages the MIS system.
- Maintains the fixed asset register and acquisition of moveable assets accounting thereof.
- Facilitates annual external and internal audits.
- Responsible for vendor payments and income receipts and ensures statutory and capital expenditures are processed according to approved budgets and policies.
- A degree in Accounting or Finance;
- Minimum of 5 years of accounting experience in middle management position with at least 2 years proven Banking experience;
- Professional qualification in Accountancy (AA, CA, CIMA, ACCA).